Friday, July 31, 2009

Taking Life as it Comes

Who would have known that the day following my last post my life would change? It comes that fast and without warning!

I was up in my sewing room, taking a break from cleaning house for our Father's Day Dinner, listening to my husband singing at the top of his lungs as he mopped the kitchen floor when his singing stopped and all I could hear were what sounded like the whimperings of an injured animal. I ran downstairs (well, run isn't exactly what I did, but I was fast) and found my husband sprawled out on the back steps, trying to catch his breath. He had missed a step and wrenched his knee.

After a trip to the local Urgent Care medical facility, he was put in a leg brace, followed two weeks later by major surgery to his knee. So now I am nurse, care provider, entertainer, cook, driver, and handywoman, most of which I do willingly. But my term of employment in these tasks will last up to 6 months!!! Golly. Will I survive?

I did buy a new sewing machine, to compensate for my home-bound life, and am really enjoying it. Well, it only got here yesterday so I haven't had much time on it, but so far all is great! I do get sewing and quilting done in-between my chores. We shall see what this life changing event brings.

I know that I am never given more than I can handle, and that this all happened for some reason. I keep an open mind. But boy oh boy. Life can give us challenges. This is minor compared to those challenges that many of you have had.

And I will keep an open mind.

And keep stitching up a storm!

No comments: