Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Julie, Julia and Wicked!

Boy, I really haven't been getting out much, except to take my husband to PT and grocery shopping. However, since all is going well, I am starting to get back to my real life!

My husband and I had a date the other afternoon and took in Julie and Julia. What a GREAT film. Inspires. Makes me want to cook and experiment. Reminds me to blog. Reminds me to be alive and connected! If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. I remember watching Julia as a child, and laughing at her antics and enjoying her obvious enthusiasm for life.

When Saturday Night Live did a spoof on her, it just brought back all those wonderful old feelings. Reminded me of her zest for life.

But this movie takes you further. You get a glimpse into that life. Not sure how true the whole thing is, but that doesn't matter. What does matter is that Julie Powell took on a challenge, met it, grew from it, and the outcome is spectacular.

Now, Wicked on the other hand...Even better!!!! My daughter turned 20 on Aug. 28th and has wanted to see Wicked for a long time. She spent her birthday at Disneyland so what could be better than to end the birthday fete with this theater experience. We had a blast!!!

Great acting, singing, dancing, props, theater, people...nothing was out of place. And the story line. Well, I couldn't ever get through the book, but now it is next on my to read list. Loved the whole premise of the story. So, if you ever get the opportunity to see this production, GO. It is so worth it!

Now, back to stitching...I just have too many projects going on at the same time. I must finish the group piece for my sister's small quilt group challenge. Finally I know what and how I'm doing the quilt. Just need to finish it!

And the three others sitting as blocks in my sewing room? Well, they are next. Don't you sometimes just like making the blocks and forget that the next few steps need to be done too? Just don't have enough time some days.

So, I shall close and get back to my stitching.

Keep quilting and sewing and creating.

Peace!

No comments: