Thursday, November 4, 2010

SF Giants

I have been so caught up in this baseball team that I actually found myself making decisions around their post-season schedule! It all worked out as they are now the WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!! And I love it! I rushed home yesterday from a grueling 7:45 am hearing in Oakland to watch the parade, looking for my daughter who was in the crowd (like I could really see her!) and just basking in the excitement that this team has brought all of us.

LOVE it.

On Tuesday I was in San Francisco at another hearing. The hearing location is actually right next to AT & T park. No game but the crowds were huge. Everybody buying memorabilia of the Giants. People waiting 3 hours in line! The parking lots full. Yikes. But actually pretty cool to see it all.

On leaving I met an 82 year old man in the parking structure who had just bought a t-shirt for his 10 year old son. We struck up a conversation (well, he actually just kept talking to me) and I found out a lot about him and his military duty and his history and where he lives and way too much but I was being kind and listening.

What really got me is this gentleman told me that in December of last year he was in Lake Tahoe, gambling, and on a whim bought a ticket, on a lark, that the SF Giants would win the World Series! On a lark! For $10. He was just thrilled to tell the tale. The sparkle in his eyes. The joy on his face. His 82 year old spirit lifted by his chance purchase. Now, if he could only remember where he put his ticket!!! Oh well. He was sure that he would find it before it expires in December. And his winnings? $10,000! Amazing! Love this story.

So, this week we have had Halloween, winning the World Series, the election, the World Series Parade, and today we are back to a normal day. Or is it?!?

Enjoy your day.

Peace!

No comments: